Tile is a very easy material to clean and maintain. Here are some Do's & Don'ts when it comes to ensuring the beauty of your tiles.
1. Wipe and clean spills immediately.
Spills include but are not limited to coffee, tea, curry, juice, ink.
2. Choose a tile cleaner that is suitable for ceramic/porcelain tile.
Read the "CAUTION" notes, if any.
3. Read and follow the manufacturer's instructions carefully.
Use only the recommended dilution of detergent. More does not mean effectiveness; higher concentrations of detergent in the cleaning solution will only make it more difficult to rinse.
1. Do not use cleaning detergents that contain acid or bleaching compound.
Examples of acid and bleaching compounds are Hydrochloric Acid (HCl) and baking soda.
2. Do not clean floor tile with abrasive materials.
Abrasive materials include but are not limited to steel wood pad and metal scouring pad.
Image credit: Marazzi